Thursday, February 02, 2012

This is Why We Don't Co-Sleep

I don't know how people can co-sleep with their kids.

I know a lot of people do it successfully and love it, but I don't know how they do it.

We had the little tyke in our room in a bassinet for the first few months, and while convenient and comforting in many ways, it was certainly not conducive to good sleep. We would leap into action at the tiniest gurgle. So he's pretty much had his own space to sleep from early on.

Recently, our little guy was a bit feverish and feeling out of sorts. We were in a hotel away from home, so we thought we'd let him sleep with us. Maybe having us near him would be reassuring for him, we thought.

I guess it worked, because by morning (and by "morning", I mean "3:30 in the morning"), he was all better.

Click to Enlarge

Ah well. It was worth a try. I guess co-sleeping just isn't for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. That was us this morning [Feb 28 2012]. He kept elbow dropping his mother and then Kicking me in the ribs. I swear he was say "up, up up up up up " the whole time.

    ReplyDelete