Thursday, November 29, 2012

Uh Oh, Shoes!

WHY DO THEY TAKE THEIR SHOES AND SOCKS OFF ALL THE TIME?!

That's rhetorical, by the way. I don't need to know why.

I did hear recently, though, that a toddler's needing to take his/her shoes and socks off is a sign of sensitivity, and a person likely to grow up having empathy. I like that.

The actual taking off of shoes and socks anyplace, anytime, I don't like as much. Especially with winter coming.




 Incidentally, do winter boots come in hip-wader style?

2 comments:

  1. Teehee!

    You know those clips you can buy to clip children's mittens to their coat sleeves so they don't lose them?

    I think you need a few dozen pairs.. for the socks.. and boots.. and mittens.. and hat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the most aggravating noise in the world, that muted rip of Velcro coming from the backseat. H is the exact same way, and it makes me want to tie the socks to his pants. Instead of, "Uh-oh, shoe!" I hear, "Oh, non!" *grunt* "Oh non! Ahhh..."

    Just the other night he ripped off his shoes and socks, and we couldn't find one of the socks, so we had to go around the pet store with him wrapped in a blanket because he'd spilled water all over his coat, and had one bare foot peeking out the bottom. Ghetto parents or what!

    ReplyDelete