Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reflections of a New Parent of Two, Part 1

When I announced the upcoming arrival of our second son in December, a (somewhat humourous) Facebook friend asked, "But... what will this do to your cartoon-drawing time?" Ah yes, seems I hadn't thought this through.

Good news, though; I have managed to find some cartooning time in the five weeks since our little boy was born. Thank goodness for the Moby Wrap for allowing me hands-free parenting time to break out the drawing tablet!

So now I have two delightful boys under two (I know, right? *cue scary music*), which apparently means I have my hands full. Nonsense. I just have twice as much to draw about... twice the love, twice the smiles, and 18 times the laundry.

Now, I'm new to this parent-of-two business, but I've made some initial observations since bringing a baby brother home for my almost-two-year-old, which I will share with you.

Reflections of a New Parent of Two, Part 1:

1. Toddlers grow about a foot and gain ten pounds overnight when you have a new baby.

When you see your tiny toddler again after spending three days with a floppy newborn, you may just fall over. My little boy is officially enormous.


HOWEVER,

2. This does not mean they are too big for baby equipment.

A toddler may show renewed interest in baby swings and bouncy seats, which I can report do hold at least 25 pounds (at least momentarily).



To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. SO true!

    Congratulations on your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new baby!

    Looking forward to many more cartoons since you've now got double the material.

    ReplyDelete