Saturday, April 05, 2014

A Few Minutes to Myself?

It must be that the boys aren't used to seeing their mother lying down.

Somehow, though, the sight of me trying to relax is interpreted as an invitation to bombard me with kid attention.

Maybe I look all lonely with my magazine and look like I could use some company in the form of having my eye poked or a head-cracking cuddle. Maybe I look bored, like I'm wishing someone would come along and arrange an extensive collection of blocks on me. Maybe I look too serene, like I need an energy boost via being rolled on and bounced on like a horsey.


click to enlarge
What I don't get is how Hubs sitting at the table, drinking coffee and reading hockey blogs on the laptop counts as "busy" but what I'm doing isn't. I think he got to them somehow. Sitting there, looking all contented and smug...

My mom tells me all that attention is due to the fact that they love their mom so much. That must be it. I'll keep that in mind the next time my attempt at a ten-minute stretch on the couch is interrupted by a loving toddler butt in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment