Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Attack of the Kleenex

6 a.m.... a sweet little hand reaches out in the dark:
"Here you go, Mama."
"What is it?"

"Boogie."
"AAAGGG"


I couldn't let the winter go by without making another cartoon involving kids and their colds. I did it the last two years, after all.

I don't know why little kids hate having their noses wiped. I guess it's pretty irritating... but surely no more irritating than a giant snot bubble preventing your breathing! Sometimes their own efforts (or lack thereof) don't quite do it. I have to be stealthy about my Kleenex manoeuvres, though, much as one must be when trying to nab a hornet with a rolled-up magazine, only way more scary.





Little Bro gets me back, though. Whether walking hand-in-hand or cuddling on the couch, he seems to think I make a handy Kleenex whenever the need arises. What am I, the Giving Tree?



This is why I can't have nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment