Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Deep Thoughts

My little boy turned 6 today. I started this blog when he was 7 months old! After much arguing with his brother as to whether he classified as a Small kid or a Medium kid, I think it was confirmed that he is now officially Medium.

That brain is always going on my Medium son. You never know how much you don't know until you live with a kid who's full of questions:

- What's the biggest stuffed animal in the world? (It's a giant bunny in Italy; I also know many more world records now)
- How much gum would I have to swallow before it was a problem? (Let's not find out)
- Do peanut butter and cheese go together? (He says yes, might just be saving face)
- What will the police do if you run a red light, speed, talk on your phone aaaand eat spaghetti while driving? (probably arrest you, says my cousin the police officer)

All these things I went over 35 years not even thinking to ask.

Today we read "Happy Birthday to You!" by Dr. Seuss. I read him this line:

Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

*Gears turning*

"So who is the SECOND most me-est person alive?"

Happy birthday to my sweet boy who always challenges me with his deep thoughts.


2 comments:

  1. We had that same discussion in our house about whether six is still early or now medium childhood. We thought the same as Little Bro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable. Happy birthday to your little deep thinker. And yes - I do think the Queen enjoys a good rack of ribs from time to time, she seems plenty feisty :).

    ReplyDelete