Wednesday, April 01, 2015

April Fool's

"Mama, I have a joke for you. I saw... a bunch of ghostses and T-Rexes. ... heh heh... APRIL FOOLS!"

Not bad for a four-year-old.

Anyone out there play pranks on their kids today? This year, I skipped all the "Best Pranks to Play on Your Kids" posts I saw in my news feed. Maybe in a few years. Although I'm sure they would've loved blue milk, now that I think of it.

My folks played some gags on my siblings and me over the years. My 6-year-old sister ended up with a rooster alarm clock that went off in her schoolbag. Genius (at least I think so; I didn't get a cock-a-doodle-doo blasting from MY schoolbag in the middle of class).

We used to play jokes on my parents, too, though. One year my brother and I thought it would be hilarious to swipe my dad's oats before we went to bed the eve of April Fool's. My dad, who has a bowl of oatmeal every morning without fail. If only we could see his face in the morning. This would be great.


I guess my dad didn't think so.






We were reminiscing about it this morning on Skype. Some things you just don't mess with, Dad said, not even on April Fool's Day. Draw the line at the rooster alarm clock.

2 comments:

  1. I can't do tricks or pranks or anything. They make me too anxious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha.. hopefully your loved ones go easy on you then! Thanks for commenting.
      P.S. I love the name of your site. I had to go check it out.

      Delete